- Call your doctor if you develop any signs or symptoms of illness before your scheduled procedure.
- DO NOT smoke, drink alcohol or use tobacco products after midnight the night before the procedure.
- AVOID Aspirin and other NSAIDS (Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, Goody's powder) for 7-10 days prior to surgery.
- Tell your doctor if you are on any blood thinners, such as Plavix, Coumadin, Vitamin E or Fish Oil.
- Eat a good dinner and stay well hydrated the night before the procedure.
- DO NOT eat or drink anything after midnight the night before the procedure unless instructed to do so by your pre-op nurse.
- Take your morning medication with a sip of clear liquid the morning of the procedure ONLY if directed to do so by your pre-op nurse.
- Arrange to have an adult drive you home and remain with you 24 hours AFTER the procedure.
- You may take a bath/shower and brush your teeth the morning of the procedure.
- Shave or trim facial hair if it will be in or close to the surgical site.
- Remove contact lens, nail polish, makeup and metal hair pieces before arrival for the procedure.
- You may wear prescription glasses or bring reading glasses if necessary.
- DO NOT bring any jewelry or valuables with you to the facility.
- DO NOT bring children/siblings ages 12 and under to the facility on the day of the procedure.
- Failure to follow these instructions or late arrival for your appointment may result in delay or cancellation of the procedure.
- Should an emergency case arise, your procedure may be delayed. We appreciate your patience in the event that this should occur.